The Merlot name on the label implies a table variety made only from this grape, or a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Most often you can buy a medium-value red dry product. Such a product is designed for daily consumption, dinner, lunch. However, you can also choose non-standard variations of this drink on sale.
- Caberlot is a blend of Cabernet and Merlot. It is produced only in one small region of Tuscany. It is aged in oak tanks for about two years, then bottled and sent to the cellar for another year to mature. During this time it develops aromas of blueberries, spices and coffee;
- White Merlot. It is made in the Italian region of Ticino. To make it, the grape juice is quickly separated from the skins to eliminate the presence of pigment. The process produces a true winemaking invention: a white wine made from dark purple grapes.
- The most respectable drinks are French, from the Bordeaux region. Especially worth buying Château Petrus. In the French young samples, the flavors of red berries, field herbs and cedar can be traced. After aging it is saturated with aromas of other fruits and spices.
- Also on sale is the availability of popular Italian blends from the provinces of Tuscany. Italian producers are constantly competing for quality products. They captivate fans with their rich fruit-grassy flavor without tartness.
- In New World countries, alcohol from these grapes is also plentifully available. Chilean and Californian varietals are most popular. They have a light herbaceous aroma and a minimum of tannins. On the sites of Moscow stores these samples are available in a democratic price category;