French Merlot Wine
French Merlot is a black variety of wine internationally renowned for its versatility in creating blends and mono-varietal wines. It is yielding and pest-resistant, which makes it an ideal grape for producing high-quality wine.
- The alcohol is produced in the Bordeaux wine region
- Classic variations of blended wine are produced here
- Merlot is mostly dry and contains little sugar
- The berries give it its characteristic berry and spiciness
- Aging in oak barrels imparts vanilla and caramel notes
For best results, French Merlot wine should be chilled to 16 degrees Celsius and consumed slowly, taking small sips. It is a good accompaniment to game, grilled meat, spicy cheeses, stew or poultry dishes.