• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Sangiovese Wine

We found 812 products for you!


Discovering Sangiovese Wine on Vi.Wine Marketplace

Are you a wine enthusiast who loves to explore different varieties of wines? Or maybe you are just starting to discover the world of wine and looking for something new to try? If so, you should definitely consider trying a Sangiovese wine. Let us give you some information about this fascinating wine and how you can order or buy it online from Vi.wine marketplace.

Sangiovese is one of the most widely planted grape varieties in Italy, particularly in the Tuscany region. It is also present in Umbria, Marche, Lazio, and Emilia-Romagna. Sangiovese wine is made from this grape variety and is known for its bright acidity, medium body, and high tannins.

Sangiovese grapes are thin-skinned and have a medium-sized bunch. They ripen late and require plenty of sunlight and heat. Sangiovese grapes have a range of aromas such as red cherry, strawberry, plum, orange, clove and graphite depending on the soil and climate conditions where they are grown.

A Sangiovese wine is made from at least 80% Sangiovese grapes. The remaining 20% can be other approved grape varieties, such as Colorino, Canaiolo or Merlot. The wine must be aged for at least two years in oak barrels to be labeled as a Sangiovese riserva.

Sangiovese wine is primarily associated with Tuscany, where it is the main grape variety used in the famous wines of Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. However, Sangiovese is also grown in other regions of Italy and around the world including Argentina, Australia, and California.

Sangiovese wine can be made in different styles, depending on the winemaker's preferences. It can be aged in oak barrels or stainless steel, and it can also be blended with other grape varieties to create different flavors and aromas. The wine can be made as a single-varietal or blended with other grape varieties.

Sangiovese wine is known for its complex and diverse flavors. It has high acidity and firm tannins that give it a bright and fresh taste. Depending on the region, Sangiovese can taste like red fruits such as cherry, raspberry, cranberry, and plum with notes of leather, tobacco, and a hint of vanilla from the oak barrel. It is a wine that can be enjoyed young or aged, but it is always a wine for the table.

Sangiovese wine pairs well with Italian regional cuisine. It particularly matches dishes with tomato-based sauces, grilled red meat, and aged cheeses. It is also an excellent pairing with mushroom risotto and roasted vegetables.

Sangiovese wine is known for its dry taste. It doesn't have any residual sugar and has high acidity and firm tannins.

Sangiovese wine should be served at room temperature or slightly cooler, ideally at around 18°C (64°F). You can chill it for ten minutes before serving if you prefer a cooler taste. However, it is not recommended to drink it too cold as it might suppress its delicate flavor and aroma.

Generally, Sangiovese wines have around 12-14% alcohol by volume.

Order or Buy Sangiovese Wine Online from Vi.wine Marketplace

If you are looking for Sangiovese wine, you have come to the right place. Vi.wine marketplace offers a wide selection of Sangiovese wine from Italy and other regions around the world. You can order or buy Sangiovese wine online in just a few clicks, and we will deliver it to your doorstep. With Vi.wine, you can discover the world of wine and enjoy a convenient online shopping experience. Order now and experience the taste of Italy's most famous wine!