Greek Wines - Diverse and Original Drinks
Greek wines are diverse and unique, but are mostly known within the country. Local drinks have a predominance of fruit, mineral, and nutmeg tones, making them quite distinctive. For a unique taste and aroma, we recommend trying Recina wine, which has an unusual resinous flavor and is complemented by notes of citrus. White Assyrtiko is another popular choice, known for its soft creaminess with subtle hints of spices and honey. Tart Xinomavro is also a must-try, with surprising notes of nightshade vegetables and ripe olives.
- Diverse and unique drinks
- Predominance of fruit, mineral, and nutmeg tones
- Unusual resinous flavor and aroma in Recina wine
- Soft creaminess with subtle hints of spices and honey in White Assyrtiko
- Tart flavor with notes of nightshade vegetables and ripe olives in Xinomavro
Greek red wines pair well with a variety of foods, including traditional moussaka, roasted lamb shanks or ribs, vegetables stuffed with meat, kebab, and soft and hard cheeses.