• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Blaufrankish Grape Wine

We found 41 products for you!


Blaufränkisch Wine: A Deep Dive

Blaufränkisch is a red grape variety that is native to Austria and is widely cultivated throughout Central Europe. The grape is characterized by its deep, rich color and its intense, complex flavors that are often described as spicy or peppery. While the grape has a long history in the region, it has gained international recognition only in recent years, with many wine enthusiasts drawn to its unique character.

The Blaufränkisch grape is a small, thick-skinned grape that is known for its high acidity and tannins. The grape produces concentrated wines that are deep in color, with intense flavors of black currant, blackberry, and cherry. Blaufränkisch wines often have a spicy, peppery quality, with hints of tobacco and leather.

To be labeled as Blaufränkisch wine, the wine must be made using at least 85% Blaufränkisch grapes. The remaining 15% can come from other approved red grape varieties. The wine must also be produced in the recognized wine regions where the grape is grown, such as Austria, Hungary, and Slovenia.

Blaufränkisch is a grape variety that is primarily grown in Central Europe, with Austria being the primary producer. The grape is also grown in Hungary, Slovakia, and Croatia, where it is known as Frankovka.

Blaufränkisch grapes are typically harvested by hand and carefully sorted before being crushed. The grapes are then fermented in stainless steel or oak barrels for several weeks or months. The wine is then aged in oak barrels for several months to a few years, depending on the desired style of the wine.

Blaufränkisch wine is known for its deep, rich color and intense, complex flavors. The wine often has a spicy, peppery quality with hints of tobacco and leather. The wine is high in acidity and tannins, giving it a long finish and a full-bodied character.

Blaufränkisch wine pairs well with a variety of meats, such as steak, lamb, and venison. The wine is also a great pairing with strong cheeses, such as blue cheese and aged cheddar. In addition, the wine pairs well with spicy dishes and grilled vegetables.

Blaufränkisch wine is a dry red wine that is typically served at room temperature. The wine is not sweet, but has a bold, rich flavor that pairs well with a variety of dishes.

Blaufränkisch wine is best served at room temperature, around 60-65°F. The wine should be decanted for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to open up.

Blaufränkisch wine typically has an alcohol content of around 12-14%. If you are looking to buy Blaufränkisch wine online, look no further than vi.wine marketplace! We have a wide selection of Blaufränkisch wines from a variety of producers and regions. Whether you are a seasoned wine enthusiast or new to the world of wine, our selection is sure to have something to suit your taste. Don't wait - order your bottle of Blaufränkisch today and discover the unique character of this exceptional grape.