• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Wine from the Gavi Region

We found 81 products for you!


Discovering Gavi Wine: Your Ultimate Guide

Are you a wine lover who's eager to explore new taste experiences? Then you should definitely try Gavi wine, a delightful Italian white wine that's becoming increasingly popular among wine enthusiasts. In this guide, we'll tell you everything you need to know about Gavi wine, from its origins and production methods to its flavors and food pairings.

Gavi wine is a white wine made from the Cortese grape variety, which grows in the region of Gavi in Piedmont, Northwestern Italy. The wine has a light to medium body, bright acidity, and a dry, refreshing taste that's perfect for hot summer days.

The Cortese grape variety used in Gavi wines is known for its high acidity, which makes the wine crisp and lively. The grapes have a thin skin and a greenish-yellow color, and they're usually harvested in early September.

To be considered a Gavi wine, the wine must be made with at least 90% Cortese grapes grown in the Gavi region of Piedmont. The remaining 10% can be other white grape varieties approved for the region.

As previously mentioned, Gavi wine comes from the Piedmont region of Northwestern Italy, specifically from the area around the town of Gavi in the province of Alessandria.

After harvesting, the Cortese grapes are gently pressed, and the juice is fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. The wine is then aged for several months on its lees, which adds complexity and depth to the flavor.

Gavi wine is known for its vivid acidity and bright freshness, with notes of green apple, lemon, and floral aromas. The wine is usually dry, but it can have a slightly creamy mouthfeel due to the lees contact during aging.

Gavi wine is an excellent match for a wide range of dishes, from seafood and salads to poultry and pasta. Its high acidity helps cut through rich and creamy flavors, while its crispness complements lighter and more delicate dishes.

Gavi wine is a dry wine, meaning it has little to no residual sugar after fermentation. The wine's sweetness comes from its natural fruit flavors, not added sugars.

For the best tasting experience, it's recommended to serve Gavi wine chilled, between 45 and 50°F. This temperature range enhances the wine's refreshing acidity and crisp flavors, making it ideal for summertime sipping.

Looking to buy Gavi wine online? At Vi.wine, we offer a wide selection of Gavi wines from some of the most renowned Italian wineries. Whether you're a seasoned wine connoisseur or just starting your wine journey, our marketplace has something for everyone. Browse our Gavi wine collection today and discover a new favorite.