• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Verdejo Wine

We found 60 products for you!


Discovering Verdejo Wine: Characteristics, Flavors, and Pairings

Verdejo wine is a white wine from Spain that is grown primarily in the Rueda region. It is made from the Verdejo grape, one of the oldest grape varietals in Spain.

Verdejo wine is a white wine from Spain made from the Verdejo grape, which is known for its thick skin that protects it from high-altitude temperatures and sun exposure.

Verdejo grapes are green-hued with a gross texture and high acidity. They are typically harvested at night to keep their sharp fruit flavors and minerality.

For a wine to be considered a Verdejo, it must be made from at least 85% Verdejo grapes. The remaining 15% can be other white grape varietals.

Verdejo wine is native to the Rueda region in north-central Spain, which is known for its hot climate with cool nights that result in well-balanced acidity in the wine.

Verdejo wine is made using various techniques, including steel aging, oak aging, and blending. The steel-aged wines tend to have a fruitier profile, while the oak-aged wines have a more robust flavor. The blended varieties offer a balance of the two.

Verdejo wine has citrus notes such as lime, lemon, and grapefruit, as well as hints of tropical flavors such as melon and peach. It has a striking mineral quality and a crisp acidity.

Verdejo wine pairs well with seafood, especially shellfish. It also complements grilled fish, sushi, light salads, and spicy foods.

Verdejo wine is dry with a high acidity level.

Verdejo wine should be served chilled, around 7-10°C.

Verdejo wine typically has an alcohol content of 11-13%.

If you want to try Verdejo wine, Vi.Wine marketplace is the best place to order it online. Browse our great selection of wines and find your perfect match. Don't miss your chance to enjoy the citrusy, crisp taste of Verdejo wine. Buy it online and have it delivered directly to your doorstep. Order now and experience the best of Spanish wine.