• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Wine from the Tuscany Igt Region

We found 315 products for you!


Tuscany IGT Wine: An Overview

Tuscany IGT stands for "Indicazione Geografica Tipica," which translates to "Typical Geographical Indication." It is a classification of wine that allows grape growers and winemakers to use a wider range of grape varieties to create blends that are unique to their region.

The characteristics of grapes used in Tuscany IGT wine can vary due to the relaxed requirements for the use of grape varieties. However, some of the most common varieties include Sangiovese, Merlot, Syrah, and Cabernet Sauvignon.

To be labeled as Tuscany IGT, the wine must be made with a minimum of 85% of grapes grown in the Tuscany region of Italy. The remaining 15% of grapes can be sourced from other regions of Italy or other countries around the world.

Tuscany IGT wine is made using a variety of winemaking techniques. Some producers use traditional methods such as hand-harvesting and fermentation in oak barrels, while others use modern techniques such as stainless steel tanks and temperature-controlled fermentation.

When you open a bottle of Tuscany IGT wine, expect to be greeted with aromas of red and black fruits, spices, and earthy notes. The taste can vary depending on the grape varieties used, but it typically has a medium body with a well-balanced acidity and tannins. To pair with Tuscan cuisine, Tuscany IGT wine is a perfect match for hearty tomato-based dishes as well as grilled meats and aged cheeses.

Tuscany IGT wine can be either sweet or dry, depending on the grape variety and winemaking technique used. It's recommended to serve the wine at room temperature, around 64°F to 68°F. A bottle of Tuscany IGT wine typically has an alcohol content ranging from 12% to 14%, making it perfect for sipping on its own or pairing with a delicious meal. If you're looking to buy Tuscany IGT wine online, Vi.Wine marketplace has a fantastic selection of high-quality wines to choose from. You can easily find the perfect bottle of Tuscany IGT wine by using the search queries "buy" and "online" on their website. So why not try a bottle of Tuscan IGT wine today and taste the unique blend of flavors and aromas that this region has to offer? Trust us; you won't regret it.