• ViWine - marketplace of alcoholic beverages
  • A large selection of wines, cognac, brandy

Garganega Wine

We found 97 products for you!


Garganega Wine: Characteristics, Taste, and Pairings

Garganega is a white grape variety typically grown in the Veneto region of northeast Italy. It is the main grape used in the production of Soave, a popular Italian white wine.

Garganega wine is a white wine made primarily from the Garganega grapes.

Garganega grapes are known for their thick skins and high acidity, which give the resulting wine a crisp, refreshing taste. The grapes also have a distinct aroma of almond, which adds to the complexity of the wine.

To be considered a Garganega, a wine must contain at least 70% of the grape variety. The remaining 30% can be other permitted white grape varieties.

Mostly grown in the Veneto region of northeast Italy, Garganega is used primarily in the production of Soave, which is produced in the provinces of Verona and Vicenza.

Garganega grapes are typically harvested in late September to early October and are often left on the vine to achieve full ripeness. The grapes are then pressed and fermented in stainless steel tanks or oak barrels, depending on the winemaker's preference.

Garganega wine is known for its crisp acidity, refreshing mouthfeel, and distinct almond aroma. On the palate, one can expect flavors of green apple, pear, and citrus.

Garganega wine is a versatile pairing that can be enjoyed with a variety of dishes. It pairs well with seafood, salads, light pasta dishes, poultry, and soft cheeses.

Garganega wine is typically dry, with little to no residual sugar.

Garganega wine is best served chilled, at a temperature between 45-50°F.

The alcohol content of Garganega wine typically falls between 12-13.5%. Looking to buy Garganega wine online? Check out our selection on Vi.Wine, where you can find a variety of Garganega-based wines from different producers. Enjoy the crisp acidity and refreshing flavors of Garganega with a perfect food pairing. Order now and elevate your wine experience!