The Morellino di Scansano wine belongs to the highest category of Italian wines. It is made from raw materials grown around the town of Scansano. The emphasis here is on the Sangiovese variety. It can be used in blends with other varietals. This allows the blends to acquire a rich structure and cherry aroma. The alcohol has a balanced flavor and a rich, juicy palette. The variety gives the wine a transparent ruby red color with purple overtones. It is a fruity wine with good structure and ripe tannins. It is liked by gourmets for its subtle aftertaste and balanced sweetness. The aroma is persistent, fresh and reveals floral and licorice nuances.
- Made from Sangiovese variety grown in the Scansano region
- Can be used in blends with other varietals to add complexity and cherry aroma
- Has a balanced flavor and a rich, juicy palette
- Transparent ruby red color with purple overtones
- Has good structure and ripe tannins
- Liked by gourmets for its subtle aftertaste and balanced sweetness
- Persistent and fresh aroma with floral and licorice nuances